Looking for an idea for tonight's dinner? something easy and inexpensive?
I suggest this Spinach and Chicken Quiche to accompany your soup or salad.
I usually opt for quiche whenever I ran out of ideas and need to “recycle” some ingredients left in my fridge.
I hope you will like this recipe.
- Shortcrust pastry
- 2 pieces of chicken breast
- 250g of spinach
- 1 tomato
- 1 table spoon of capers
- 2 eggs
- 1 table spoon of cream cheese
- 100g of fresh cream
- 30 min.
- Prepare your shortcrust pastry as described in an earlier recipe.
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces and season with salt, pepper, coriander and garlic. Cook with 1 table spoon of vegetable oil until it turns brown.
- In the meanwhile, bake your shortcrust pastry for 15 minutes.
- Cut the tomato into slices.
- Once the shortcrust is ready, spread cheese and put the tomato slices.
- Mix the cooked chicken breast cubes with the spinach and the capers and garnish the quiche.
- Beaten the eggs with the fresh cream. Season with a pinch of salt, some pepper and some nutmeg powder.
- Add the mixture to the quiche then bake for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy your quiche with a warm soup or a salad.