The shortcrust pastry or “pâte sablée” is a must know dough to make your salty or sweet pies. I share with you the detailed technical tips to master the dough!
- 20 min.
- Cut the butter into cubes and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour and salt (so the butter doesn’t get too hot).
- Add the egg yolk to the mixture.
- Add cold water in small quantities to bind the dough together.
- Try to work it quickly so that it doesn’t become greasy.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before using.
- Roll out the dough and cook for 20 minutes at 180°C.