A fluffy and very light orange cake that I enjoy savoring during winter season.
The recipe is very easy to make and the cake needs to be baked at medium temperature.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until the mixture whitens.
- Add orange peel, oil, and orange juice and mix well.
- Sift in the flour and the baking powder.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Add the egg whites to the batter and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in a tin covered with baking paper.
- Decorate the cake with orange rings and some sugar.
- Bake your cake at 160°C for 1 hour.
- Check the baking of your cake by inserting a knife into the center. Your cake is ready if the knife comes out dry.
- Calories: 402
- Carbohydrates: 49.9g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Fat: 20.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Sodium: 27mg
- Sugar: 22g