Since it's still the season of oranges, let's make another dessert to enjoy the weekend.
This week's homemade treat is a zesty Orange Cake. It's a fluffy and very light cake that I enjoy savoring during winter season. The recipe is very easy to make and the cake needs to be baked at medium temperature.
I am sure you will love it. Follow the recipe steps…
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 table spoon of orange zest
- 4 eggs (whites separated from yolks)
- 2 tea spoons of baking powder
- Orange rings for decoration (optional)
- 1 hour.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar till the mixture whitens. Then add flour with orange zests, baking powder, oil, and orange juice.
- Add the egg whites and mix carefully so that the mixture stays aerated.
- Decorate the cake with orange rings and some sugar.
- Bake your cake at 160°C for one hour. Check the baking of your cake by inserting a knife into the center. Your cake is ready if the knife comes out dry.
PS: I'm a big fan of citrus. I love this cake so much and I tend to add lots of orange zest in it. For the zest, I use the orange peels and remove the white layer. Then, I cut the skin into thin slices. The zest becomes kinda crunchy and chewy inside the cake.