An easy recipe of salted butter caramel, that you can use in lots of desserts.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- In a separate pan, melt the sugar over medium heat.
- When completely melted and get a nice golden brown color, remove the syrup from heat.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the syrup and mix carefully until completely melted.
- Add the salt.
- Add the hot cream and mix until well combined.
- Put the mixture over medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Put the caramel in a jar and let cool at room temperature.
- The salted butter caramel can be kept in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Calories: 41
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Serving size: 1 tsp
- Sodium: 30mg
- Sugar: 2.9g