- Start by preparing the cake.
- Sift the flour, instant coffee powder and baking powder altogether.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and mousse-like.
- Fold the flour mixture in the eggs.
- Turn the mixture in a greased 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in a preheated oven at 190°C.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool on a wire rack.
- Now, prepare the filling by mixing the cream cheese with the honey and coffee.
- Cut the cake in half and spread the filling cream.
- Make the icing.
- Sift the icing sugar then mix it with the coffee and warm water.
- Use ¾ of the icing to decorate the cake.
- Mix the rest of the icing with the cocoa powder (and some more water if needed) and decorate the cake.