- 75g of flour
- 2 tbsp of instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100g of sugar
- 180g of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of strong coffee
- 200g of icing sugar
- 5 tsp of warm water
- 2 tsp of strong coffee
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder
- Start by preparing the cake.
- Sift the flour, instant coffee powder and baking powder altogether.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and mousse-like.
- Fold the flour mixture in the eggs.
- Turn the mixture in a greased 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in a preheated oven at 190°C.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool on a wire rack.
- Now, prepare the filling by mixing the cream cheese with the honey and coffee.
- Cut the cake in half and spread the filling cream.
- Make the icing.
- Sift the icing sugar then mix it with the coffee and warm water.
- Use ¾ of the icing to decorate the cake.
- Mix the rest of the icing with the cocoa powder (and some more water if needed) and decorate the cake.
ENJOY YOUR HOMEMADE TREAT!