- In a big bowl, sift the flour, the cocoa powder, and the baking powder together.
- Add sugar.
- Add the vegetable oil, the milk and vanilla extract then mix well to have a homogeneous texture.
- Put the cake mixture in a cake tin covered with baking paper. I used a 20cm round tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 40 to 45 minutes (I used a convection oven).
- When the cake is ready, unmold it and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the ganache: bring the double cream to a boil then pour it over the chocolate and allow to stand, without stirring for some minutes.
- Stir the chocolate to let it completely melt and have a smooth texture.
- Cover the cake with the ganache, while still liquid, and decorate with hazelnuts.