- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 50g of parsley, chopped
- 250g of spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup of chickpeas
- ½ of green peas
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 200g of liver and heart, cut into medium cubes
- 200g of chicken breast or beef, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of rice (washed and uncooked)
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- Seasoning: turmeric, ground coriander, harissa, ground dried mint, paprika, salt and pepper
- The recipe is very easy: mix all the ingredients together and leave to steam for nearly 1 hour, and mix it every 10 to 15 minutes.
- No other instructions, just bring your appetite and enjoy the Djerbian rice!
ENJOY YOUR HOMEMADE TREAT!