Fluffy and moist banana bread with chocolate chips!
I fell in love with banana bread years ago, but I lost the recipe. Since then I could not make it as good as before because of baking powder, flour, or high temperature in the oven. Finally, I tried this recipe and made it with good care. It contains the exact amount of butter, it is reduced in sugar and has an extra pinch of love.
- Preheat the oven at 160°C.
- Peel your ripe bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Add melted butter to the bananas. Mix well then add salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture.
- Add vanilla extract, flour and baking powder then mix well until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well
- Butter a loaf tin or cover with parchment paper then pour in the batter.
- Bake at 160°C for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- When ready, leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then unmold and leave to cool on a wired rack.
- Enjoy you banana bread with breakfast, afternoon tea or with an ice cream.
- Calories: 155
- Carbohydrates: 23.8g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Sodium: 45mg
- Sugar: 8.6g