A simple tart shortcrust, ideal for savoury and sweet recipes.
If you want to use this pâte brisée in sweet recipes, you may add sugar.
You can also brush it with some egg yolk mixed with water to make it more shiny and brown gold. Then, you need to brush it with 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp of water after 10 to 15 min of baking. Then bake it for 10 to 15 other minutes.
- Cut the butter into cubes and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour and salt (so the butter doesn’t melt).
- I usually put the flour, butter cubes and salt in a mixer. It’s quick and gives much better result.
- Add cold water in small quantities to bind the dough together.
- Try to work it quickly so that it doesn’t become greasy.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before using.
- Roll out the dough and cook for 20 minutes at 180°C.