One of my favorite desserts of all is the New York cheesecake!
Did you watch the “Friends” series?! Do you remember that delicious cheesecake shared by Chandler and Rachel?! I melt every time I remember it… So while looking forward to visiting New York one day, I’ve found a recipe to make such creamy and dense cheesecake.
The quantity of the ingredients mentioned in this recipe makes a 22cm (9in.) round spring form tin.
For the topping, you can decorate your cheesecake with fresh fruits, fruit sauce or just keep it plain.
- First, prepare the crust; crush the biscuits in the food processor then add butter until it looks like wet sand.
- Grab a spring form tin and coat the inner surface with butter.
- Put the mixture into the mold and press it evenly with a glass.
- Let the crust bake in a preheated oven during 10 minutes at 180°C, until the edges become a little brown.
- Let the crust cool down. In the meanwhile, prepare your cheesecake filling.
- Mix the cream cheese with cornstarch, sugar and salt. Preferably, use an electric beater.
- Add sour cream (or crème fraîche), lemon juice, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the eggs one by one to the mixture.
- Before pouring the filling into the mold, cover the external edges with aluminum foil.
- Once the cake is ready to go in the oven, put your mold in a big container filled with 1 cm of warm water.
- Bake your cheese cake for 55 minutes at 180°C.
- When the cake is finally ready, turn off the oven, open it few centimeters and let the cake cool down inside for 1 hour.
- When completely cold, carefully unmold the cheesecake with the help of knife to have nice edges and put it in the fridge (uncovered to avoid condensation) for at least 4 hours before decorating and serving.
- Calories: 622
- Carbohydrates: 35.9g
- Cholesterol: 207mg
- Fat: 49.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 28.7g
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Sodium: 574mg
- Sugar: 21.3g