I brought you the tastiest apple pie I have ever made. I finally found a recipe that doesn’t have a strong smell of cinnamon or strong taste of butter. Surely, you will like this dessert.
- Prepare your shortcrust pastry as described in an earlier recipe.
- Mix the dry ingredients together : brown sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Peal the apples and cut them into slices.
- Carefully mix the apple slices with the dry ingredients, then add the melted butter.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry in the desired cooking mold and garnish with the apples.
- You can cover your pie with additional dough then brush with 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 table spoon of milk.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of the pie.
- Bake your pie for 50 minutes in a preheated oven set at 180°C.