When it comes to couscous, there are a thousand and one ways to prepare it. Tunisian masfouf is a sweet couscous with fine grains. It is usually prepared during the holy month of Ramadan.
- 500g of fine couscous
- 150g of soft butter
- 4 to 5 table spoons of sugar
- 20cl of warm water
- Nuts and Dates
- Wet the fine couscous with warm water and mix well so that the grains don't stick together.
- Steam the couscous during 30 minutes.
- When ready and still hot, put the soft butter on the couscous and mix until it is totally absorbed then add sugar.
- The masfouf is ready. It is usually decorated with nuts and dates. You can also enjoy it with grenade, grapes or dried raisins.