I bring to you one more traditional Tunisian recipe : Bouza. This delight can be presented as a cream or a sweet drink. This dessert is typically prepared during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Mix the sesame paste and the hazelnut paste with some water and blend to have a smooth texture.
- Mix the sorghum with the rest of water then add the sesame and hazelnut pastes.
- Bring the mixture to boil while stirring.
- When the cream becomes thick, add milk and sugar. Continue stirring and bring to boil again.
- Bouza can be presented as a thick cream or as a drink if you add some more milk.