Bouza is a traditionnal Tunisian dessert, typically prepared during the holy month of Ramadan.
It can be presented as a cream or a sweet drink.
- Mix the sesame paste, the hazelnut powder, and the sorghum powder with some water and blend to have a smooth texture.
- Transfer in a pan, then add the remaining water.
- Bring the mixture to boil while stirring continuously.
- When the cream becomes thick, add milk and sugar.
- Continue stirring and bring to boil again.
- The added quantity of milk depends essentially on the desired consistency of the bouza; liquid or thick like a castard.
- Bouza is served warm, as a thick cream or as a drink.