A tasty almond tart, with raspberry coulis, decorated with flaked almonds and icing sugar.
In this recipe, I combined the sweetness of the amandine tart with the acidity of the raspberry coulis. The result is amazingly delicious!
For the shortcrust, I made the almond shortcrust (pâte sucrée amande), a recipe of Pierre Hermé, that I usually use for my tarts. The quantity is good enough for 10 tartlets of 7cm diameter, or a large tart of 18cm diameter.
For the assembly, I spread the raspberry coulis in the bottom of the tart, then filled the rest with almond cream.
As for the decoration, I used a syrup made of honey to coat the top of my tart, without soaking it.
I would also recommend to prepare some of the parts the day before, like the almond shortcrust and the raspberry coulis.
- Cream the softened butter with icing sugar.
- Add the beaten egg and some drops of almond extract to the mixture.
- Add the flour and the almond powder and mix until well combined.
- Put the raspberries and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the lemon juice and let simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Bring all the ingredients to room temperature 30 minutes before starting.
- Cream the butter with the icing sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Add almond powder and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour
- Try not to knead the dough or over mix it once the flour is added.
- Lightly spread the dough and cover with a cling film.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin between 2 baking sheets and put it in the tartlets molds or the tart tin.
- Freeze the unbaked tartlets or tart for at least 1 hour.
- Freezing the unbaked shortcrust will avoid its shrinkadge when baking.
- Bake the frozen tartlets or tart in a preheated oven at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tin or tartlet molds
- Spread 1 tsp of raspberry coulis in the bottom of the tartlet.
- Fill the tart with the almond cream.
- Decorate with flaked almonds.
- Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the syrup : dissolve the honey with the water over medium heat.
- When the tart is set and while it is still warm, brush it with the syrup. Do not soak.
- Spread some icing sugar.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes before serving.