An easy recipe of a delicious cake with almonds and chocolate.
This dessert is composed of an almond chocolate cake, and topped with an almond streusel. I decorated it with melted chocolate spread, some almond praline paste and lightly sprinkled incing sugar.
- Combine all the ingredients together until you obtain a wet-sand-like consistency.
- The streusel dough is not cohesive. Try to form a dough that looks like crushed biscuits.
- Place on a baking paper and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form, then add 25g of sugar and beat until stiff and shiny.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, egg yolk and sugar.
- Add the almond flour, flour and melted butter then mix until well combined.
- Add the beaten egg white and mix gently until well combined.
- Pour the batter in a round buttered tin of 18cm diameter.
- Add the previously baked streusel on top of the unbaked cake. The streusel should look like crushed biscuits.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- When the cake is ready, remove the tin and decorate with some melted chocolate spread, praline paste or icing sugar.