Crumbly and buttery sablé biscuits, ideal for tea time.
My comfort food during winter are chocolate and biscuits. Since I am craving buttery and crumbly biscuits, I immediately though about a sablé recipe shared on one of my favorite Instagram accounts, Cacao. Don’t forget to follow him, he’s very talented!
I tried the recipe and it was divine! To be honest, the original recipe is made with chocolate ganache to sandwitch the biscuits.
In this recipe you will find the vanilla sablés and the chocolate sablés recipe written separately. The method is the same for both.
- Cream the butter with icing sugar until completely combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla sugar (or vanilla extract) and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour (or flour + cocoa powder) and combine with a spoon.
- Put the dough in an icing bag with a star piping nozzle.
- Shape your biscuits directly on your parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Calories: 96
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Serving size: 1 biscuit
- Sodium: 41mg
- Sugar: 3.7g