Tartlets filled with caramel and chocolate ganache.
I added some roasted hazelnuts inside the tartlets to add some extra crunch. You can also replace it with peanuts.
Please find the caramel recipe in this link.
- Try to bring all the ingredients to room temperature 30 minutes before starting.
- Cream the butter with icing sugar.
- Add almond powder, salt and eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder.
- Try not to knead the dough or over mix it once the flour is added.
- Lightly spread the dough and cover with a cling film.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin and put it in the tartlets molds.
- Freeze the unbaked tartlets for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake the frozen tartlets in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes.
- Bring the double cream to a boil.
- Add honey.
- Melt the dark and milk chocolate.
- Pour the boiling cream over the melted chocolates and mix well.
- Add the butter and mix until completely melted.
- Leave at room temperature.
- Spread 1 tsp or more of caramel in the buttom of the baked tartlets.
- You can add halved roasted hazenuts to add some crunch.
- Fill the tartlets with the chocolate ganache.
- Decorate with some caramel and hazenuts.