This recipe is very delicious and very easy. It is super moist and tastes like carrot cake but it’s sugar free, gluten free and made with mashed sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes should be peeled and cut into cubes. You can cook it in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes. It can also be steamed for 20 minutes. Once it’s ready, drain it then mash it harsh with the back of a fork, or blend smooth in the mixer. Oat flour can be made at home. You only have to ground the rolled oats in the mixer. You can, of course, replace it with flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients together : oat flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, put the mashed sweet potatoes with eggs, oil, and maple syrup (or honey), then mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put the batter in the muffins cases.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top of each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 175°C.