Easy and nut recipe of a traditional tunisian cake.
This is one of the most baked and loved tunisian cakes. It is based on sorghum flour, a very nutritious variety of seeds. For those who like cakes with reduced sugar, try to put about 125g of sugar instead of 200g. That’s what I personally do! I like also to add some orange blossom to it. It gives it a nice flavour.
- Bring a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together : sorghum flour, flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, sesame seeds, mixed nuts and raisins (You can save some nuts to decorate the cake before baking).
- Beat the eggs with the oil, milk and orange blossom water, then add it to the mixed dry ingredients.
- Bring a round or square tin and spread some oil or butter on the bottom and edges.
- Pour the mixture in the tin.
- Decorate your cake.
- Bake the sorghum cake in a preheated oven at 160°C for about 45 minutes.
- Calories: 383
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Fat: 19.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Sodium: 50mg
- Sugar: 21.6g