This pasta with shrimp is very easy to make, yet it is very light and delicious. It is made with fresh tomatoes, onion and fresh pepper, flavored with herbs of Provence. Of course, I tend always to add the Tunisian touch with harissa. Enjoy!
- Start with stir frying the shrimp in a tbsp of vegetable oil and some pepper. Then, save it for later.
- Stir fry the chopped onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cut the fresh tomatoes in cubes and add them to the pan to cook with the onions.
- Season the sauce with pepper, salt, coriander powder and laurel leaves (and red chilly pepper or harissa if you want). Let simmer for 15 minutes at least. Adding water is optional at this step; it depends on how watery your tomatoes are.
- Add the chopped pepper and parsley to the sauce and leave it on fire for 8 to 10 minutes. (add water when needed)
- When the sauce is ready, add the herbs of Provence mixture, then the shrimp.
- Cook your pasta separately by boiling in hot water. I generally don’t add salt nor oil when cooking pasta.
- When pasta is ready, add the sauce.
- Present your pasta with freshly chopped spring onions and parsley.