An easy recipe of the traditional scones, perfect for tea.
In summer time, it is preferred to put the scones in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
Scones are usually served with clotted cream and jam.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, including the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the cold butter cubes and try to mix it in with your finger tips.
- Add the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Try to not overwork the dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured clean surface and gently flatten it with a rolling pin. The dough should be about 2cm thick.
- Cut round shapes with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- You can also make a large round dough that you can cut into 8 pieces like a pizza.
- Place the shaped scones on a lined baking tray.
- Brush the scones with some milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve with clotted cream and strawberry jam.
- Calories: 207
- Carbohydrates: 22.8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Serving size: 1 scone
- Sodium: 63mg
- Sugar: 0.7