Savoury Cheese Scones
These fluffy savoury cheese scones are ideal for afternoon tea, a snack or lunchbox. This easy recipe is flavored with paprika.
With this recipe, you can make 8 large scones or 12 to 15 small ones.
When the weather is too warm, I put the scones in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking them.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, including the flour, baking powder, paprika, and salt.
- Add the cold butter cubes and try to mix it with your finger tips.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Add the milk to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Try to not overwork the dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured clean surface and gently flatten it with a rolling pin. The dough should be about 2cm thick.
- Cut round shapes with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- You can also make a large round dough that you can cut into 8 pieces like a pizza.
- Place the shaped scones on a parchment paper.
- Brush the scones with some milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve your savoury cheese scones with cream cheese, butter or any other savoury dip.
- Calories: 207
- Carbohydrates: 22.8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Serving size: 1 scone
- Sodium: 63mg
- Sugar: 0.7