It’s strawberry season again!
Strawberries are irresistible and they always inspire me for making desserts. I brought to you a Breton shortbread or Sablé Breton, a French recipe that I decided to decorate with mascarpone cream and of course fresh strawberries.
- 20 min.
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar until it becomes white and foamy.
- Add the soft butter and mix well to obtain a smooth paste.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours at least.
- Spread the paste and cook it in a pastry circle in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- When it is ready, let the cake cool on a baking rack.
- Whip the double cream then add gently the icing sugar.
- Add the mascarpone cheese.
- Decorate the sablé Breton with the mascarpone cream and the strawberries.