Strawberry tart, composed of a sablé Breton base, strawberry puree, diplomate cream with pistachio praline and decorated with fresh strawberries.
The quantities mentioned in this recipe are ideal for a 20 to 22 cm diamter tart.
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar until it becomes white and foamy.
- Add the soft butter and vanilla extract then mix well to obtain a smooth paste.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cover the dough and keep in the fridge for 2 hours at least.
- Spread the dough, cut and cook it in a pastry circle in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- When it is ready, let the cake cool on a baking rack.
- Dice the strawberries and put it in a small pan.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium to low heat.
- Stir occasionally until it becomes like tomato sauce.
- Put the milk in a pan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch until well combined.
- Add half of the boiled milk to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the mixture to the remaining milk in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat and stir continuously.
- Remove the custard from heat and add the cold butter cubes then mix until it completely melts.
- Transfer to a glass bowl, and cover in contact with a cling film.
- Keep in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Whip the custard with pistachio praline until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the double cream. The whipped cream shouldn’t be very firm.
- Combine the whipped cream with whipped custard.
- Put the diplomat cream in a piping bag.
- Spread the strawberry puree over the sablé Breton.
- Pipe the diplomat cream.
- Decorate with strawberries and pistachios.