An easy homemade praline paste, to give a unique flavour to your french desserts.
For those of you passionate about French pastries, this is a “must know recipe”. It is a basic ingredient present in the recipe of several desserts, creams and chocolates. If you prefer to have a dark praline, roast the nuts without removing the skin. The praline lasts for months in a well closed pot, in the refrigerator.
- Roast the almonds and hazelnuts for 10 minutes in an oven set at 160°C.
- In a large pan, mix water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- After about 2 minutes of boiling, add the roasted nuts.
- Mix well and gently until the nuts and well covered with sugar.
- The mixture will turn white and hard. It’s part of the process
- Keep stirring and mixing until the sugar melts again and turns to caramel.
- When the nuts are well coated with caramel, remove from heat.
- Spread immediately over a parchment paper and leave to completely cool.
- Crush coarsely the caramelized nuts then mix in the mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Your praline is ready. Put it in a well closed pot. It will keep for months in the refrigerator.