- 200g of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp of nutmeg powder
- 150g of softened butter (at room temperature)
- 150g of sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 70g of raisins
- 50g of walnuts
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 hour.
- 180g of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- First, prepare the cake.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and the spice in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the butter with the sugar and lemon zest until you obtain a creamy texture then add the eggs and whisk.
- Mix the butter and eggs with the flour.
- Add the grated carrots and the mashed banana.
- Add the raisins, the walnut and the milk and mix.
- Put the cake mixture in a buttered cake tin. I used a 20cm round tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then unmold and let it cool on a wire rack.
- When the cake cools, cut horizontally in half to be filled with cream cheese.
- For the filling, mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar, the lemon juice and the orange zest.
- You can decorate the cake with cream cheese, icing sugar, or leave it simple without decoration.
ENJOY YOUR HOMEMADE TREAT!