A fluffy loaf cake with a whole orange.
- Cut the orange (without removing the skin) and remove its seeds. Preferably avoid orange with thick skin.
- Blend the orange with the vegetable oil in a food processor. Don’t blend it too smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs with sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the orange mixture to the egg mixture.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder then add it gradually to the cake mixture.
- Grease your loaf tin with some butter then poor in the mixture. The cake mixture should cover 2/3 of the tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for about 40 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then unmold and leave to cool on a wire wrack.