- Cut the onions and let them cook on medium fire with 2 tbsp of oil until caramelized.
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for about 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a large pan, put the soaked and drained rice.
- Put the cooked lentils on the rice, without mixing.
- Season with salt and cumin, then add 3 cups of boiling water and let cook covered.
- Check carefully whether the rice is tender. When it’s ready, stir with the lentils then add half of the caramelized onion and stir carefully.
- Transfer the rice and lentils in a serving dish and top with the remaining caramelized onions.