- Save half a cup of the milk and bring the rest to a boil, in a large pan, on medium fire.
- Add sugar and stir until it completely melts.
- Dilute the cornstarch in the saved milk and add it to the mixture and stir.
- Add the rose water and stir.
- Keep stirring until the cream starts to thicken.
- Remove the cream from fire and pour it in the serving dishes: bowls or glasses.
- Let the muhallebi cool to room temperature then put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, decorate with pistachios.