It seems that, for Tunisians, bricks during Ramadan dinner is sacred. Where I live, I tried vainly to find brick pastry sheets. So I decided to try to make them by myself at home. The recipe is easy to make.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and add oil.
- Add the warm water.
- Mix in the mixer to have a smooth texture.
- Preheat a non-stick pan at medium fire.
- Use a brush to spread the liquid dough on the surface of your pan and let the pastry bake for 30 secs or a little more. When it is ready, it is easy to remove it.
- Before going to the next brik sheet, clean the pan with a dry cloth or napkin. Clean also the brush.
- The brik pastry should be well covered with a tea towel so that it won’t dry.