Easy and super moist lemon and poppy seed loaf cake.
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Preferably whisk with a mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the lemon peels (zest) and lemon juice, and mix until well combined.
- Add milk.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the poppy seeds and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in a buttered loaf tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely for 10 minutes before removing the tin.
- Calories: 222
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Fat: 12.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Sodium: 96mg
- Sugar: 11.5g