Finally sharing a Tunisian recipe guys!
Easy peasy and very delicious. Needs only 15 minutes to make.
This dessert is locally named “Assida”.It is usually made during Ramadan evenings when family gathers after Iftar, or during the Prophet’s birthday.
Before starting, I want to thank my cousin for the recipe. I liked its creamy and smooth texture.
So, prepare your blender, grab your cooking pan, and let’s cook!
- Put all the ingredients except sugar into the blender and mix until it becomes homogeneous.
- Put the mixture in a pan and cook on moderate fire. Stir continuously until it becomes creamy.
- Add sugar and keep stirring. Let it boil for less than a minute then remove from fire.
- While still hot, pour it in small bowls or cups.
- Decorate with shredded pistachio.
PS: Concerning the hazelnut paste, if you can’t find it in stores, you can make it at home : toast 250g of hazelnut for 10 minutes. When it is still warm, remove the skin using a kitchen towel so that your kitchen doesn’t turn messy. Put your hazelnuts in the food processor and blend for 4 minutes. It’s ready!