Hazelnut cream, or commonly named hazelnut Assida, is a Tunisian dessert usually made during Ramadan evenings when family gathers after Iftar, or during the Prophet’s birthday.
A recipe of creamy and smooth Assida.
So, prepare your blender, grab your cooking pan, and let’s cook!
- Roast the hazelnuts until gold brown.
- When it is still hot, try to remove the skin.
- Put the roasted hazelnuts in the food processor and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Put the hazelnut paste, milk, condensed milk, sugar and flour in a blender and blend until it becomes homogeneous.
- Put the mixture in a large pan and cook on moderate heat.
- Stir continuously until it becomes a little thick and creamy (less thick than a castard).
- Add sugar and keep stirring.
- Let it boil for few minutes while stirring then remove from heat.
- While still hot, pour it in small bowls or cups.
- Decorate with ground nuts.