- Put the milk, the vanilla extract and the sugar in a bowl, then add the eggs and whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Put some butter in your cooking pan and melt under medium fire.
- Soak a slice of the bread, on both sides, in the egg milk mixture.
- Cook the bread slice until browned on both sides.
- Remake the same steps with each slice of bread, with greasing the pan each time.
- Grease a separate pan with 1 tbsp of butter and put the banana slices.
- Sprinkle the bananas with brown sugar and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the french toasted warm, topped with the caramelized bananas.
- You can also top your toasts with flaked almonds, honey or berries.