One of my best chocolate cakes ever; the French chocolate cake. It’s not healthy, but it feels good when you eat it! It is so rich in chocolate and melts in mouth like a warm hug.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Add the 3 tbsp of sugar to the eggs whites and whisk until it becomes stiff and shiny.
- Set the meringue aside.
- Put the chocolate, the butter and sugar in a pan and cook over low heat until melted.
- Add vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture and leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks, one at a time, into the chocolate.
- Add the flour to the mixture.
- Add gradually the meringue to the chocolate mixture. Try to fold it into the mixture.
- Butter a 23cm round tin or cover the bottom and the edges with baking paper (I used a springform tin (cheesecake tin)) then pour the cake mixture in it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 40 to 45 minutes.
- When ready, try to unmold carefully and let it cool on a wire rack, then decorate with icing sugar on top.