These date stuffed cookies are sugar free, perfect to accompany your afternoon tea or coffee. I usually like to taste them with a coffee flavored with orange flower water… a typical Tunisian afternoon snack.
I invite you to try this easy and guilt free dessert.
- 25 min.
- Mix the semolina, flour and salt together.
- Add the oil and melted butter and mix well.
- Add warm water progressively and knead well during 5 to 10 minutes. You can add as much water as you see possible to have compact and malleable dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Add the cinnamon powder to the date paste. If it seems dry and not malleable enough, you can add some olive oil.
- Add sesame seeds to the dough.
- Shape your cookies as desired and fill them with date paste.
- Put the shaped cookies on parchment paper and bake in preheated oven at 200°C during 25 minutes.