An easy recipe of super crispy cookies, rich in chocolate chips and without butter.
Of all the cookies recipes I have tried, this one is my favorite. I usually use butter in this kind of treats, but I was amazed with the result when I used oil instead.
Coming out of the oven, you might be disappointed because they will be very soft. But when completely cooled, they become very crispy.
Another thing that I love in this recipe too, is that I can freeze the unbaked dough for up to 3 months. And, whenever we want freshly baked cookies, I just take the desired amount and put it directly in the oven. Pure happiness!
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the salt and the chocolate chips.
- Add some oil then add the sugars.
- Add the remaining oil and mix well.
- Add water.
- Portion the dough into balls of medium size, of about 30g.
- Slightly flatten each ball to give it the shape of a cookie.
- Freeze the cookies for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Place the frozen unbaked cookies on a parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 15 to 18 minutes.
- When baked, place the cookies on a wire rack. Be careful as they are very soft. Once they completely cool down, then become super crispy.
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrates: 20.7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Sodium: 46mg
- Sugar: 8.8g