Easy yet delicious chocolate truffles.
- 250ml of double cream (heavy cream)
- 275g of chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 40g of butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Decoration (coating): unsweetened cocoa powder or ground pistachio or ground hazelnut or sesame seeds or dried roses petals or icing sugar
- Bring the double cream to a boil.
- Remove the cream from heat and add the chopped chocolate and stir to melt the chocolate.
- Stir in the butter until completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature then cover it and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I kept it in the fridge overnight
- Use a spoon or a scoop to shape balls of equal sizes.
- Coat the chocolate balls with cocoa powder or ground pistachio or ground hazelnut or sesame seeds or icing sugar.
- Keep the truffles in the fridge before presenting.