- Beat the egg with sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder and mix then add water.
- Add the melted butter.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder then add it to the mixture and mix well.
- Butter an 18cm round tin and pour in the mixture. For a better unmolding of your cake, use parchment paper.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 30 to 35 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then unmold and let it cool on a wire rack.
- You can decorate your cake with some white or milk chocolate, some nuts or leave it plain and simple.