- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ½ lemon zest
- ½ lemon juice
- 125g of sugar
- 250g of flour
- 100ml of vegetable oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of Philadelphia cheese
- Coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar and salt for 5 minutes until it becomes thick and white.
- Add the lemon zest and grated carrot.
- Add lemon juice and vegetable oil.
- Sift the flour with baking soda then add it gradually to the cake mixture.
- Butter a mold of your choice and pour the cake mixture into it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, unmold and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing the icing sugar, lemon juice and Philadelphia cheese.
- Spread the frosting on the cake and decorate with walnuts.