Fluffy and yummy muffins filled with homemade caramel and decorated with flaked almonds.
Please find the caramel recipe in this link.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with sugar, a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Whisk until it doubles in volume.
- Add the vegetable oil or the melted butter.
- Mix the flour with baking powder.
- Add the flour and the milk alternatively to the mixture.
- Prepare the muffin moulds (cover with baking paper, brush with melted butter or oil if you know that your muffins might stick).
- Fill half of your muffin mould with the batter.
- Place a teaspoon of caramel and fill the rest of your mould.
- Please note that your moulds should be filled to the ¾.
- Decorate your muffins with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- For extra flavour, pour some melted caramel on top of the muffins when they’re ready and still warm.
- Unmould and leave to cool for 5 minutes on a wired rack.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrates: 29.5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Fat: 15.9g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Sodium: 61mg
- Sugar: 12.3g