What about spoiling yourself during breakfast with a soft brioche!
I wasn’t easy for me to make this brioche recipe, dur to the lack of a mixer. However, I enjoyed kneading the dough manually. The results is yet satisfying; the brioche was as soft as cotton.
As for the shape, you can give your brioche the shape you want; braided brioche, rolled brioche, round brioche…
- Combine the warm milk and the yeast together.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, 2 eggs, sugar and milk/yeast mixture.
- If you are using a stand mixer, mix with the dough hook for 5 minutes, then add butter gradually and mix for 2 minutes until well combined.
- If you are handmaking the brioche, knead well for 10 minutes then add the softened butter gradually and knead for 5 minutes until well combined.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover and leave for 2 to 3 hours until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough for 1 minutes to eliminate the gas, cover well with a cling film then leave to rest in the fridge for 30min to 2 hours.
- Portion the dough into 12 equal pieces (try to weigh it).
- Shape the dough pieces.
- Place the dough in the mold or directly on the parchment paper, cover with clean tea towel, and leave to double in size for 1 hour.
- Brush the dough with a lightly beaten egg.
- Decorate with some pearl sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- Calories: 171
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Serving size: 1 brioche
- Sodium: 228mg
- Sugar: 4.5g