“Boulou” is a Tunisian dessert from Jewish origins. It is kind of rolled biscuits with jam, genereously parfumed with geranium water. It’s an easy dessert to enjoy during breakfast or in the afternoon.
- 30 min.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl then add baking powder and vanilla powder.
- Add the geranium water and sugar and mix.
- Add vegetable oil and melted butter to your mixture.
- Add half of the quantity of flour and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour. Now the dough is much easier to spread.
- Spread the dough in a circle half a centimeter thin, give or take.
- Spread the jam on the dough and roll.
- Place the “baguette” on a parchment paper.
- Brush the baguette with the egg yolk and decorate with crushed almonds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes at 170°C.
- Once the rolled biscuits are ready, cut into slices while still warm.