This time, I suggest a Tunisian traditional recipe: abraj or mbasses.
They are sort of semolina squares or lozenges, sweet, presented mainly with coffee or honey. A treat to enjoy at breakfast or during the afternoon.
- Mix the dry ingredients together : semolina, sugar and salt.
- Add the oil and the melted butter and mix well with hands until the mixture is totally wet.
- Add the water gradually and mix. Don’t knead. The dough must hold when you spread it.
- Form lozenges or squares of 1 cm of height.
- Cook in a preheated pan for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy your sweet semolina bread squares with a coffee, honey and/or jam.